Back on the market - no fault of the home, just purchaser issues. Excellent maintained historic home just off of Main Street, but very secluded. NO HOA! NO covenants! Town water, sewer and trash. Established landscaping, with mature trees of all types. Property runs straight down to the Shenandoah River, with your own private access. Some fencing in the front, side and rear of property. Views of the valley are unmatched from the roof top Cupola large enough to sit and enjoy the view. Original chandeliers on the main level. Period correct chandeliers on the bedroom level are not original. All main level rooms have 10 ft solid wood french doors. All moldings, walls and ceilings are plaster. Lower hardwood floors refinished prior to 2013. New 3 zone HVAC systems installed in 2014. Hot water heater, and water softener new 2020 , new dishwasher 2021. Exterior painted in 2015, interior around the same time. Washer / dryer 2015. 1000 gallon in-ground propane tank owned not leased. Front porch floor constructed with Brazilian rosewood. All windows are original, formal sitting room has windows that open up to walk thru onto the front porch. Main level fireplaces are wood burning, but have NOT been used in years. Upper level fireplaces are propane ( gas) and not been used in years, by current owners personal choice. Full basement has dual access and mirrors the entire main level. All window coverings are period correct and can convey for full price offer. Some furniture can be purchased as well. Too many features to list. This is a must see home if you love historic houses. Property is sold strictly AS-IS. Any, and all inspections are paid for by purchaser and for informational purposes only. Appointment only and listing agent will accompany.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Victorian
Softener Own, Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Hea
Brick, Concrete, Glass, Stone
5,001 sq. ft
Onsite Telephone, Telephone, Underground
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Storage, Sitting Room, Foyer, Office, Library, Florida Room, Attic
- Dining Area
- Country Kitchen
- Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Microwave, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer, Electric Dryer, Humidifier
- Hardwood, Tile
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone
- Electric Heating. Forced Air, Zone.
- Full, Entrance Outside
- Bay Window(s), Wood Frame
- 8. Mantle, Marble, Stone, Gas Burning, Wood-burning.
- 32 Inch Or More Wide Doors.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, High Ceiling
Exterior / Lot Features
- Circular Driveway, Driveway.
- Brick, Stone, Glass, Concrete
- Lot View
- Mountain, River, Water, Trees/Woods
- Body of Water
- SHENANDOAH RIVER
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Satellite Dish, Sidewalks, Front Yard, Back Yard, Trees, Fishing. Irregular, Tidal Wetland, Vegetation Planting, Backs To Trees, Front Yard, No Thru Street, Private, Rear Yard, Stream/Creek, Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price